Both the markets of short sea multipurpose and short sea feeder vessels currently offer lot of interesting purchase opportunities, especially for those with funds available. The ‘Opportunity Bonds’ will serve the purpose of (max 50% loan to value) debt financing. The remaining part (being equity financing) already being in place. This allows for acquiring a suitable asset with an investment sum of about € 4 million.
The ‘Opportunity Bonds I’:
- Issued by: JR Shipping Opportunity I CV
- Denomination: € 25.000,-
- Coupon: 5%
- Repayments: € 625,- per quarter in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Balloon repayment: € 15.000,- on December 15, 2022
- Security: First priority mortgage on a vessel that will be purchased
- Conditions: The bond financing will be max. 50% of the total investment
In the coming period, JR Shipping Group will make a selection out of all project options now on the table and then move forward. It is to be expected that ‘Opportunity Bond II’ will be issued later this year.